SEO- Search Engine Optimization
I have identified and made a list of top 15 SEO practices that I tend to forget quite often. These simple SEO techniques, if practiced properly, can make a significant difference as to how my pages are ranked in the Search Engine Queries.
- Use proper anchor text for inter-links. Don’t use “here”, “there” etc for the anchor text (if you can avoid it).
- Optimize the images, always create alt tags and write description in the alt tag.
- Use search engine friendly permalinks. Try not to have too many ‘&’, ‘?’, ‘!’ etc characters in the URL. Sometimes it is unavoidable but try to keep it to a minimum.
- Use hyphens (-) between words to improve readability.
- Do not use underscores (_) in URLs, use hyphens (-) instead.
- Do not use session id in URLs. If you are using good hosting then you shouldn’t have to worry about this one.
- Avoid using capital letters in URLs. Windows servers are case sensitive. Keep them lowercase so there’s no confusion.
- Use internal linking when possible and appropriate.
- Use sticky posts (if you can and if it applies to you).
- Have a category description paragraph.
- Let the visitors subscribe to category specific RSS feed. (Use category specific RSS pluginfor WordPress)
- Use rel=”nofollow” tag on low value links to not pass the page rank juice. For example “Read the rest of the entry”, “About”, “Contact” etc.
- Use sub-directories rather than sub-domains when possible. Sub-domains do not share link love from the main domain as it is treated as a different domain.
- Research the target audience and aim the site content appropriately.
- Keep the content up to date. Visitors don’t like outdated content. Updating the content frequently also attracts the Search engines spiders to index the web pages frequently.
Top 10 Ways to Choose the Best Social Media Agency in Dubai
To take your business to the next level, social media marketing is one of the most crucial factors. Here is a list of 10 ways that you must follow in order to search through the top social media agencies in Dubai and then select the one which suits you the best.
1) Ensure that the agency understands your company’s strategy
Always check whether the company is giving you a customized strategy based on your requirements. If a company is willing to send you their briefing form, then give them a priority as they are willing to cater to your needs.
2) Find out how they are planning to gauge your social media growth
You should shortlist only those digital marketing companies in UAE which use the right KPIs to measure your growth over social media. If the company fulfills these KPIs, it definitely stands as proof of their high performance.
3) Ask for case studies
For every social media agency, Abu Dhabi is a place with a vast culture and creating a strategy that will reach everyone can be tricky. Case studies will help you find out whether they have served a client with similar requirements as yours. See whether they can help you build up the right audience among the locals and also globally.
4) Ask for referrals
Do you know someone who is already working with a social media agency and has received good results? Make an appointment with that agency and see for yourself if they are as competent as they promise to be. This will save much of your time.
5) Check whether they are ready to provide a comprehensive audit
A comprehensive audit will benefit you in your growth because you will get to know your competitors well and also understand the demographics.
6) Go through reviews left by others
Just like any other service, check the reviews that others have left. You definitely wouldn’t want to be stuck with some agency that doesn’t cooperate with clients, would you?
7) See whether the agency has prior experience in your niche
Several social media agencies in Dubai work only under one niche. This ensures that they have proven expertise in a particular field and all you have to do is check whether their niche matches with yours. For email marketing, Dubai agencies should prepare the perfect mail format for your niche that will appeal to the people of the country and their tastes and prompt them to avail your services or product.
8) See whether the agency has a blog
Many agencies have their own blogs as well. This will give you an idea of how well they understand the world of social media and in case you are looking for a website development company in Dubai, the same agency may help you out with that as well.
9) Know who your point of contact will be
Always ensure that you are in contact with the account managers. This will help you to stay updated on your content performance.
10) Choose an agency with realistic ideas and a solid plan
Don’t step into something unrealistic and always go for those agencies that can provide you with a clear path. The plan should not be too generic.
Instead of going to a separate mobile app development company, Dubai agencies can provide you with a comprehensive package curated specifically for you to achieve organic growth by catering to the tastes of the people. Following these ways will guide you towards making the right decision in choosing a social media agency for your business.